There is a plethora of medicinal and herbal teas on the market today, and that is awesome! I have found that regularly ingesting cleansing herbal tonics is the key to a high functioning immune system and enjoying the benefits of optimal health, ie – the absence of colds, flu, headaches, etc.
In additional scoring some over the counter teas from time to time when I’m on the go, I often leave the house prepared with my own blend. A trip to my local natural market to by bulk herbs and roots is the perfect jaunt to get what I need to make my own tea blend. One that I enjoy often (my go to mix default) is a combination of Milk Thistle, Burdock Root, Dandelion Root, Comfrey Root and Stinging Nettles. I just grind up equal quantities in my Vitamix blender and then I have a powder that I can take anywhere! Peppermint, Ginger and Tumeric are also on my list, at the top….They’re awesome too for their soothing, settling, heating, and anti-inflammatory properties!
Below is a short list of the benefits of each herb in my staple tea. I You can learn more about these herbs via Google searches or just ask your local health food store staff – I’m sure they’re pretty up on things….
In another post, I’ll look at my bullet proof medicinal mushroom, cacao blend which can be best described as coffee’s sexy, naughty twin – but with world renowned healing benefits!
Michael’s cleansing root/herb tea blend….
I purchase about 2 oz. of each in loose form and blend to a powder in my blender. To serve I use a table spoon of teach per cup and often re-steep. You can vary the taste by changing the amount of water.
- Detoxify the Liver – from alcohol consumptions, pesticides environmental toxins etc.
- Antioxidant properties help against cancer
- Powerful Anti-Inflammatory Properties can also help lower cholesterol levels by cleaning blood and preventing oxidative stress in arteries
- Other benefits include boosting skin health due to phytochemical
- Digestive aid
- Cleanses the liver and kidney
- Loaded with Anti-Oxidants,
- High in Phytonutrients which combat Cancer
- Acts as an anti-inflammatory
- Boost immune function and fights off fungus and bacteria
- Purifies the blood
- Strengthens the Lymphatic System
- Natural Diuretic – keeping kidneys fit
- Skin Healer
- Helps against diabetes, arthritis
- Mineraly dense
- High in calcium and vitamin C
- Often used to heals bruises and pulled muscles,
- Eases stomach discomfort
Stinging Nettles Leaf
- Anti-inflammatory properties may help with osteoarthritis and joint pain,